[bt-devel] Font Requirements.

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:40:33 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <darwin@ichristian.com>
To: <bt-devel@crosswire.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 6:28 AM
Subject: [bt-devel] Font Requirements.

> Well, I am now REALLY going to start rolling on the options dialog.  I like
> the way that Joachim started it out.
>
> My question is what do we want to do with fonts?  Do we just want a single
> font for all presenters, or do we want a font for each type of presenter?
>
> Do we want to specify fonts for specific modules?
>
> I believe Torsten mentioned earlier the need for a "foreign font manager",
> and if you could clarify I would appreciate it.  Is the font chooser an
> appropriate tool, or are you looking for something else?
>
> Any other advice or guidance would be appreciated.

I think we should choose one font for all modules. Therefore the font chooser
is appropriate. So this font is going to be the standard font we use in the presenters.
We also need an option panel which can hold some options for the converter, e.g. which color to
use for the actual verse, color of the verse numbers etc. But thats for later.

We then have the opportunity to put a specific font into the conf file of a module. This should only
be used for biblical texts and only if they need a specific font like greek or hebrew.
For this wee need a foreign font manager like in 0.2.2. But that is not connected to the
standard font dialog.

Hope that helps you a bit.

We also have the poss