[bt-devel] bibletime setup

Troy A. Griffitts bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 01:44:34 -0700

If someone could build me a few .tar.gz files containing what needs to
be installed on a system for bibletime, I will integrate these into the
setup facility.  For example:

	bibletimebase.tar.gz contains
		bin/bibletime
		images/icon.xpm
		doc/bibletime.html
		README

	and installs into the user's selected directory (e.g..
/usr/local/bibletime)

	develbase.tar.gz contains
		lib/libbibletime.so
		include/bibletime/bibletime.h
		include/bibletime/version.h

	and installs into /usr

This is what the setup facility expects: a tar.gz and a base directory
for installation.  You can put everything into one tar.gz and use '/' as
the basedir if you would like.  I can figure out the executable and icon
well enough, I hope.  If it's not obvious, let me know for what
executables you would like desktop icons created.

Also, on my base redhat system, the bibletime 0.22 RPM requires
libjpeg.so.6, but my system only has libjpeg.so.62.  I symlinked and
everything worked.  This seems like it would be problem with redhat not
symlinking correctly, but isn't there a way to just build to libjpeg.so
and not worry about the version?

	Thanks for everything.  I used bibletime tonight and keep getting more
and more impressed! :)

		-Troy.