[bt-devel] Optionsdialog

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:15:29 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <darwin@ichristian.com>
To: <bt-devel@crosswire.org>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2000 4:21 AM
Subject: Re: [bt-devel] Optionsdialog

> Joachim Ansorg writes:
>
> > Darwin, you said some time ago you want to work on the optionsdialog. Is
> > your system running now ?
> >
> > If you like it, yould you start implementing general options
> > (startuplogo and "Tip of the day") and a dialog to manage the
> > foreign fonts?
>
> I am indeed ready to start seriously doing stuff.
>
> My assumption is that the mechanism for storing the options will be the
> same as with Version 0.2x unless there is a better suggestion.

It is nearly the same. You call now:

KConfig *config=kapp->config();

to get the pointer to the config file. The rest should be the same.
There might be enhanced functionality available.The single dialogs should be tied together
as it was in 0.2.

> I will prepare your priority items first, and then I figure on implementing
> the other options, taking time to deal with other priorities as they arise.
>
> Who should I send my changes to when I have something ready, as I assume I
> won't get CVS commit capability initially, since it is the model for most
> open source projects to limit commit capability to proven core developers.

I absolutely don't mind giving you cvs access. We are not a project of 100 developers or so.
Just mail me your /etc/passwd line with your login and the preferred (encrypted) password.

That is I think the easiest way to do it.