[bt-devel] SWORD ISO CDROM IMAGE

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
02 Feb 2000 14:58:50 +0100

    > ANNOUNCING the availability of an ISO9660 CDROM IMAGE on the FTP
    > site, finally!

    > :)

    > Sorry for the delay, I was trying to get the installmgr usable
    > before I built another CDROM master.  /pub/sword/iso/ is the
    > place.  Go easy on the ftp server as this is a FULL cdrom image.
    > Please do not download unless you are really going to test and/or
    > use the image.

    > Having said that... Please test and/or use the image.  This is a
    > very preliminary image for the next burn of CDs and I would really
    > like to get feedback on the linux installation process.  A mirror
    > of the image files will be available on the server for maintainers
    > to fix bugs and add things /pub/sword/iso/image/.

    > BIBLETIME guys!  I'd really like to get an apps/bibletime/setup.sh
    > working with Loki's setup tool.  I've hacked Loki's tool to
    > include a <font></font> mechanism allowing installation of new
    > fonts that bibletime might need to display things properly.  It
    > currently installs these into the last path in the XFontPath array
    > and tells X about them. Don't know if my patches will make the
    > distro, but the ISO on the site has the binary with the additional
    > features.  If we use this, I'll try to update to prompt the user
    > for what XFontPath entry into which they'd like to install the
    > fonts.

Could you point us to this setup tool (Loki). Your thought and efforts
really sound interesting. Please do everything you can/want to make
installation for the user as easy as possible. Please tell us if you
need our support in the bibletime area. We (in Germany) are though not
able to test the iso image since downloading some 100 MB is terribly
expensive. Anyway if we can be of help please tell us.

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann

TUhlmann@gmx.de