[bt-devel] SWORD ISO CDROM IMAGE

Troy A. Griffitts bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 01 Feb 2000 20:10:30 -0700

ANNOUNCING the availability of an ISO9660 CDROM IMAGE on the FTP site,
finally!

:)

Sorry for the delay, I was trying to get the installmgr usable before I
built another CDROM master.  /pub/sword/iso/ is the place.  Go easy on
the ftp server as this is a FULL cdrom image.  Please do not download
unless you are really going to test and/or use the image.

Having said that... Please test and/or use the image.  This is a very
preliminary image for the next burn of CDs and I would really like to
get feedback on the linux installation process.  A mirror of the image
files will be available on the server for maintainers to fix bugs and
add things /pub/sword/iso/image/.

BIBLETIME guys!  I'd really like to get an apps/bibletime/setup.sh
working with Loki's setup tool.  I've hacked Loki's tool to include a
bibletime might need to display things properly.  It currently installs
these into the last path in the XFontPath array and tells X about them.
Don't know if my patches will make the distro, but the ISO on the site
has the binary with the additional features.  If we use this, I'll try
to update to prompt the user for what XFontPath entry into which they'd
like to install the fonts.

If we get a Bibletime install working, I'll make a linux splash screen
with buttons like [Install SWORD libs] [Install Bibletime] [Run
InstallMgr], etc.

We might place all these into different <option></option> tags in the
installer, but SWORD needs to be installed to '/' to allow updating of
/etc, /usr/share/sword, /usr/doc, /usr/lib, etc.

Please let me know your thoughts.  Also, I haven't retested any of the
WIN32 functionality in a while.  I haven't changed it lately (unless
inadvertently) so I'm hoping there will be no problems.

The CD contains mostly 1.4.6 binaries and code.  There are unofficial
1.5.0 tars on it, but these will be updated on the final build of the
image.  Please just report on the installation process and
configuration.

	Thanks to everyone who have been very patient.

	A greater understanding of God's Loving Grace to you,

		-Troy.