[bt-devel] Lexicon presenter

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:05:45 +0100

Hi Joachim,

> I think you know that opening a Lexicon presenter takes very long.
>
> I ask now you: How would you like to improve the lexicon presenter so it
> still usable but fast?

I like it the way it is now. Once you opened the presenter, it is quite fast
compared to the 0.3
If you still want to reduce opening time, you would have to quit reading in
all the possible key names and do this later. IMO it is too complicated and
not worth the effort.

A proposal. Since sword can write modules (thank you to all the sword
developers!!) we must implement a presenter for editing the source text of
modules, which should be pretty easy. Content Creation! No formatting (html)
would be needed, just the module source displayed and editable.
That would enable users to
1) create modules
2) correct modules
Later we could improve this presenter by adding graphical wysiwyg features
for thml and so on...
Just my thoughts. What do you think?

Martin