[bt-devel] search

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:49:09 +0200

Hi,

Am Don, 17 Aug 2000 schrieb Joachim Ansorg:
> Hi Martin and all the others!
>
> > > Permission problems or wrog paths to the data files?
> > > The moduleinformation is from mods.d/module.conf, the data files are
> > > undex modules/..../modules/*
> >
> > I know. I don't think it is caused by permission problems. I just
> > installed all the modules via installmgr, so the permissions seem to be
> > the same with all of the modules. I have no reason for this behaviour.
> > Can somebody help? BT finds the module, can display the module info, but
> > will just display blank pages.
>
> Check it as root. Maybe you have nt-only or ot-only modules?

Forget it. My error.

> > > Now some comments to the threaded search:
> > >
> > > IMHO module->terminateSearc should be set to false before we start the
> > > search, otherwise the modules won't be searched through (it's cancels
> > > because terminateSearch is true), if the searchdialog was closed we
> > > should tzreminate the search.
> >
> > originally this is not necessary. look at swmodule.cpp - before every
> > search this is set to false. the only issue is IMO that searches are not
> > interruptable when creating the search framework. sword will set
> > terminatesearch to false again after I set it to true....
> >
> > > Maybe we could implement a bar showing how much percent we search
> > > already?
> >
> > I like this Idea very much, but that has to be done in sword.
> >
> > Joachim, there are some errors in the make process, could you fix it
> > please.
>
> Do you mean the po stuff or other things? If ther things please post the
> error messages!

Yes, a missing directory (sk) ant sometines another message I don't remember
now.

I worked on the searchdialog. Please look at it and comment. Joachim, please
change the layout to make it good looking.
If you like it this way, please remove csearchdialogresultviewitem.h|cpp from
the project. they are no longer needed.

Martin