[bt-devel] another dumb question

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 21:40:08 +0000

Hi!

>Joachim,
>
>Thank you for your quick response. I would have been glad if it were that easy.
>It was even easier - the toplevel make from /cvs/kde2/kdelibs does not install
>the icons. That has to be done explicitly from /pics/.

;-)

>A question:  It is not possible to modify the bibletime.kdevprj via kdev setup
>concerning the compiling process. If i do that, kdev will create new Makefiles
>that contain a wrong kde2 directory (at least for me). I have to use the "build"
>script, which sets compiler options that make debugging almost impossible
>(debuglevel 1). Why is this so?

Please do a "make distclean" and create the makefiles of BibleTime using KDevelop with the right KDE2/QT2 settings.

make distclean
Then: In KDevelop
	Build->"Autoconf and automake"
	Build->configure (please add the option --prefix=<your KDE2 directory in the options dialog of configure>)
	F8 to compile (should work)

	The settings are saved until the next make distclean ;-)

>And why are you using a wrapper script for the executable which is located in
>.libs?

This wrapper script is created by the libtool script (at least I think). Sometimes it's useful to start BibleTime with the right environment
But it doesn't matter, if you debug BibleTime with the internal debugger the right executable is automatically debugged (at least in 1.2 CVS).

--
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/