[bt-devel] bibletime 2.4

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:39:25 +0000

Hi!

>After trying to compile bibletime 0.24 this is what happened.
>bibletime 0.24 is missing the bibletime.kdelink

Yes, I noticed that the file is included in the tar.gz but no in the RPM !
Could you use te CVS of bibletime 0.2x ? This will include the changes t install the kdelnk file.

I forgot to say that you must compile against the current CVS because we use the localisiation which is a new feature of 1.5 CVS!
I didi this with my RPMS, too.

The trick compiling against a statically linked SWORD is to move the libsword.so file in <sword directory>/lib and perhaps the link to it
to something like lisword.so.old and after
this run configure of BibleTime!
After compiling BibleTime you can move libsword.so.old to libsword.so.

I think there's a better way but it works.
To see which libraries are required by BibleTime please install youu RPM and do a "ldd $KDEDIR/bin/bibletime".

Use of encrypted texts is only for developers so it doesn't matter if it's included or not.

Thanks for your work!
--Joachim

--
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/