[bd-users] Need advise with JSword settings

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 09:48:05 MST 2008

man-lnx03 at comcast.net wrote:
> I new to JSword and after installation the software I noticed a few
> things which I can't get a handle on with regards to the personal
> settings.
>
> - The program always defaults to opening the book of Genesis 1.1
> - I set certain personal settings which aren't saved when existing the
> program. For example:
>       each verse should be displayed on line by itself
>       enlarging the verse number, etc.

These are not persistent at this time. They will be in the "ELEPHANT"
release. The only things that are persistent at this time are:
options (aka preferences on the Mac)
position and size of the windows
font settings for books
unlock keys for books

With the ELEPHANT release:
Bible Desktop will start up where it was when you closed it.
you can change default view options
you can change/set view options per book and options that do not pertain
to a book will be greyed out
you can take notes for any verse or passage
you can create/manage/use named bookmarks and bookmark sets, where a
bookmark can be a search, or a list of passages and where you can add
notes to them
and a bunch of other things....

> I also noticed that the NT books of the KJV do not display study notes
> while they are displayed in the OT books.

The KJV does not have NT study notes.

In Christ's Service,
    DM