[bd-users] Saving the current view

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 11:16:55 MST 2007

Todd,
This has been on our To Do list for quite a while. The whole notion
of persistence is part of the next release (which I'll call ELEPHANT,
since they never forget)

The various parts of this:
1) The ability to maintain named lists of "bookmarks" where each
bookmark is the state of a Bible View (The Bibles you selected, the
preferences for that view, the passage lookup or the search
request, ...)

2) An option to have a bookmark list be automatically saved when the
program exits, consisting of book marks for the way you currently
have the program and used when it starts.

3) An option to have a chosen bookmark list be used to every time the
program starts.

4) To be able to set options on individual books. That is, have the
view menu options be remembered for a book. There will also be the
option to set the font for the book. Or for all books having the same
language(, or script, if I can figure out that one).

5) To be able to annotate a verse, passage or collections of passages
and to be able to recall annotations. Of course, you'll be able to
edit your existing annotations.

This is the essence of the Personal Commentary module and may suffice
for it.

6) If I have time to get it into the release: To be able to highlight
a portion of a text and annotate it. (These annotations would be
different in that they would be tied to a specific Bible translation.)

If you or anyone else has other ideas or questions, please reply!!!

My guess is that this will take about 3-4 months to make it available
(unless more developers volunteer! That's why I am cross-posting this.)

But in the meantime, you can manually save the view (on the File
menu) and restore it when BibleDesktop starts. Right now it only save
the verses, and nothing else.

In His Service,
	DM Smith