[bd-users] I hate to ask...

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 04:57:27 MST 2006

Mark,

You can get ESV now if you don't mind installing it manually.
We have not released it yet because projects other than BibleDesktop
need to make and release changes to be able to handle it.
You can get it here: www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/esv
Get the compressed text format as that is what will be released.

As to NASB, it has some problems and will not be released soon.
I hope to work on it, and I don't think it will be ready before the
end of the year. When it is released, it will be for sale by Lockman.

You might also be interested in the NET Bible by Bible.org. The
newest version of BibleDesktop has it available via its Book installer.
The locked version is for sale by Bible.org. Be aware that these
are release candidates and have not been fully released.  You will
need to re-install it later when it is finally released. The last I checked
BibleDesktop does not display the last verse of each book. This
is neither a problem with the NET Bible, nor BibleDesktop but
an error in its conversion into a module.

In His Service,
    DM