[bd-users] Stopped working on Linux

Michael Crider mecrider at criderpublishing.com
Sat Oct 14 06:31:56 MST 2006

I have been using the latest nightly without problem on Ubuntu Dapper
(fully updated) for some time. The last few days when I try to start BD,
I get to the point of the splash screen, and nothing else happens. If I
click on the splash screen, it goes away. I tried deleting BD from the
cache and running the latest stable, but java stops it with the error:
"JAR resources in JNLP file are not signed by same certificate". With
the nightly I do get a certificate warning, but can click Run and keep
going.
I have deleted .java, .jsword, and .sword with no success. I am using
Ubuntu's Sun Java 5 packages (1.5.0-06-1). The command I use to start BD
is "javaws
http://www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop/nightly/bibledesktop-1.0.4.jnlp".