[bd-users] New Bible Releases available

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 18:33:18 MST 2006

I would like to announce the release of two modules: KJV and ESV.

The KJV represents a major milestone for BibleDesktop/JSword as it is
the most frequently downloaded module and there were so many encoding
errors that it looked very bad. Especially in the NT. And it made
BibleDesktop look bad. These have all been fixed! You can read more
about the changes at www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/kjv2006

The ESV is a new module at CrossWire. Crossway has been very gracious
to CrossWire and has give us permission to distribute their
wonderful, modern English translation.

I highly recommend both for immediate download from Crosswire.

Also, if you have not noticed it, we have added Bible.org as a
download site. They are providing an excellent modern translation,
NET, free of charge. You can also purchase from them an unlock key to
a version with lots of notes. Very scholarly. Please be aware that
the version with notes has some problems in BibleDesktop. We are
working with them to help them fix the problems. You can check with
them as to that progress if you plan to purchase the notes version.

In His Service,
	DM SMith.