[bd-users] Tools/Options crash - blame Java!

vkelim vkelim at bigpond.com
Sun Jun 11 20:59:25 MST 2006

Dear Frank,

This same error occurs on Xubuntu/Ubuntu 6.0.6 (Dapper Drake).
It turns out the problem is with Java, probably SunJava 1.5, although
I had the same problem (on the same computer) with Blackdown 1.4.

It is because a shared library mishandles Truetype fonts. To fix the
problem you need to remove the offending font(s).

I have included notes about this problem on my web-page...

http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/SuSE_notes/

Look toward the bottom of the page under Ubuntu-Software-Java

In Christ, David.