[bd-users] bibledesktop 0.9.9: null pointer exception on startup

Justus Piater Justus.Piater at ULg.ac.be
Thu Mar 31 01:32:44 MST 2005

Joe Walker <joseph.walker at gmail.com> wrote on Wed, 30 Mar 2005
23:11:57 +0100:

> I've just reproduced the problem using a machine that was basically
> virgin XPSP2 with jdk 1.5.0, but like you without managing to fix it
> from the properties file. It really does look like a JDK bug to me.

That's possible, but unlikely according to my experience. I suspect
that the implementation relies on some undocumented behavior of jre
1.4.2 that changed in 1.5.

> It might be worth trying the line:
> BibleDisplay.ConfigurableStylesheet=cutandpaste2.xsl

Yes! That makes it start up cleanly.

However, none of the first 6 check boxes in the View menu seem to have
any effect. The text is always displayed as continuous paragraphs, no
verse numbers, no Strong's numbers, no notes. Or am I missing
something?

With cutandpaste.xsl, I always have verse numbers and verses in
separate lines, but the menu still has no effect.

If I switch to simple.xsl in the Options dialog, I get a crash similar
to the one I originally reported.

Justus

--
Justus H. Piater, Ph.D.         http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/
Institut Montefiore, B28        Phone: +32-4-366-2279