[bd-users] bibledesktop 0.9.9: null pointer exception on startup

Justus Piater Justus.Piater at ULg.ac.be
Wed Mar 30 06:46:10 MST 2005

DM Smith <dmsmith555 at gmail.com> wrote on Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:44:26
-0500:

> Anyway, you could try installing 1.4.2 as an "alternative" if you are
> running Fedora. You can find instructions on how to do that here:
> www.crosswire.org/*jsword*/linux*java*.html
> You could play with ~/.jsword/desktop.properties (it may not exist,
> but you can create it) and add/modify a line like the following:
> BibleDisplay.ConfigurableFont=Dialog,0,18

I played around with this, but to no avail.

I had deleted my 1.4.2 JDK about 5 minutes prior to trying JSword
:-/. Rather than reinstalling it, I'd do what I can to help you get
JSword to run under 1.5.

For now, I'll wait for you until you get to it, assuming that you'll
find the problem in much less time than I could, not being familiar
with the code. Otherwise, let me know and I'll try to find the time to
look at it myself.

Thanks,
Justus

--
Justus H. Piater, Ph.D.         http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/
Institut Montefiore, B28        Phone: +32-4-366-2279