[bd-users] Removing Bible Desktop

Joe Walker joseph.walker at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 01:01:28 MST 2004

Hi Chris (and Mark),

I can't help you much with MacSword, but we can help you to get Bible
Desktop working and search should work once you have indexed the
module, and it works with as many modules as you download. However it
probably isn't quite as well integrated with the specific Mac version
because it works on Windows too.

Firstly to get modules installing in Bible Desktop you need to go to
Tools->Options, and then pick "Sword Module". I suggest deciding on a
separate directory for Bible Desktop to keep things separate from
MacSword. I'm hoping that Mark can suggest a specific directory to
use, or DM wrote with instructions on how to find one.

Enter that directory into the "Module Search Path" field AND the
"Download Directory".

If there are any directories that MacSword uses then maybe you should
remove them from the "Module Search Path". There was a bug in 0.9.8
(which I guess you are using) that made deleting directories from the
"Module Search Path" not work sometimes, but if you have a go and then
restart before downloading then everything should be OK.

If you want to uninstall Bible Desktop then you need to use your
Webstart icon. I'm afraid I have no idea where it will be, but it
should be there somewhere. Mark?

I hope that helps.

Joe.