[bd-users] [New User] Error Message in Sword Properties

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 18:46:26 MST 2004

Chris,

It differs depending upon which kind of machine you are on.
To find out, go back into options and turn on
Advanced -> About Dialog -> Include Advanced Tabs.
Then click on OK.
Then exit and restart the program.
On the Help menu you will find About...
Click on System Properties.
Carefully look in the list for a key of user.home.
This will give the directory into which Bible Desktop puts its
configuration files.
Specifically it will be in a subdirectory called .jsword (the former
name of the program)

(On Windows XP mine is E:\Documents and Settings\DM\.jsword)

This is the value you want to use for the search path.

If at anytime you have goofed up your options you can just delete them.
They are in the .jsword directory in a file named desktop.properties.
This is just a plain text file that is created to hold your preferences.
It is safe to delete the file and start over.

This will not delete any of the books you have downloaded.

If this does not help let us know.