[bt-devel] Bibletime main scripture window not updating after upgrade to Debian Buster

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Aug 21 18:01:40 MST 2019

On Wed, 2019-08-21 at 13:12 -0700, Gary Holmlund wrote:
> On 8/21/19 8:27 AM, John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> > > I found a suggestion in a Qt bug report. In a terminal window do
> > > this:
> > >
> > > export QT_QUICK_BACKEND=software
> > >
> > > bibletime
> > >

> > > Gary
> > >
> > Hi, Gary.  Here is the command line output:
> >
> > jasiii at jasiiiyoga:~$ export QT_QUICK_BACKEND=software
> > jasiii at jasiiiyoga:~$ bibletime
> > [2012:2032:0821/112201.358590:ERROR:nss_util.cc(727)] After loading
> > Root Certs, loaded==false: NSS error code: -8018
> >
> > Here is the log output doing the same thing but with debug enabled
> > as recommended:
> >
> > LOOKING UP LOCALE DIRECTORY...
> > Checking for provided SWConfig("sword.conf")...
> > Checking working directory for sword.conf...
> > Checking working directory for mods.conf...
> > Checking working directory for mods.d...
> > Checking working directory ../library/ for mods.d...
> > Checking $SWORD_PATH...
> > Parsing /etc/sword.conf:/usr/local/etc/sword.conf...
> > Checking for /etc/sword.conf...
> > found.
> > Overriding any systemwide sword.conf with one found in users home
> > directory (/home/jasiii/.sword/sword.conf)
> > Checking $ALLUSERSPROFILE/Application Data/sword/...
> > Checking $HOME/Library/Application Support/Sword/...
> > found (/home/jasiii/).
> > Checking /home/jasiii/ for mods.d...
> > Checking home directory for ~/.sword...
> >    Checking for /home/jasiii/.sword/mods.conf...
> >    Checking for /home/jasiii/.sword/mods.d...
> > found.
> > LOOKING UP LOCALE DIRECTORY COMPLETE.
> > LOOKING UP MODULE CONFIGURATION...
> > Checking for provided SWConfig("sword.conf")...
> > Checking working directory for sword.conf...
> > Checking working directory for mods.conf...
> > Checking working directory for mods.d...
> > Checking working directory ../library/ for mods.d...
> > Checking $SWORD_PATH...
> > Parsing /etc/sword.conf:/usr/local/etc/sword.conf...
> > Checking for /etc/sword.conf...
> > found.
> > Overriding any systemwide sword.conf with one found in users home
> > directory (/home/jasiii/.sword/sword.conf)
> > Checking $ALLUSERSPROFILE/Application Data/sword/...
> > Checking $HOME/Library/Application Support/Sword/...
> > found (/home/jasiii/).
> > Checking /home/jasiii/ for mods.d...
> > Checking home directory for ~/.sword...
> >    Checking for /home/jasiii/.sword/mods.conf...
> >    Checking for /home/jasiii/.sword/mods.d...
> > found.
> > LOOKING UP MODULE CONFIGURATION COMPLETE.
> > [2779:2799:0821/112437.892971:ERROR:nss_util.cc(727)] After loading
> > Root Certs, loaded==false: NSS error code: -8018
> >

> > Does this provide any clue? Thanks - John
>
> John,
>
> The debug log does not help. I am fairly convinced that the issue is
> Qt WebEngine issue.
>
> Gary

I reinstalled every single qt5 package and rebooted but, alas, I still
have the problem.

I've noticed another curious behavior.  When I close the window and
open a new Bible window, no matter where I left off, it opens to Rev
1:1.  If I then use the up arrow control to scroll the book back to
Jude, it shows Jude 0:0.  Any book scrolling brings me to 0:0; chapter
scrolling brings me to chapter:0.  The Bible window is not frozen at
this point since I have not clicked on a verse number.  If I type in a
book, e.g., Judges, and then scroll back one book, I get Joshua 0:0.

I do not know if this is related to my frozen window but it does seem
like a bug.  I tried it on multiple translations and both displaying
verse numbers and not.  Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III

Elmont Community Bible Study