[bt-devel] Bibletime main scripture window not updating after upgrade to Debian Buster

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Aug 19 18:17:36 MST 2019

On Mon, 2019-08-19 at 08:01 -0700, Gary Holmlund wrote:
> John,
>
> I have been trying to reproduce your issues, but so far I have not
> seen
> them. I am using a clean install of Buster and using BibleTime from
> the
> repository.
>
> Gary Holmlund
>

> On 8/18/19 6:53 PM, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > Hello, all.  I've just upgraded from Debian Stretch (9) to Buster
> > (10)
> > and have rebooted.  I'm running Bibletime from the repository with
> > version 2.11.2, SWORD 1.8.1, QT 5.11.3.
> >
> > I haven't yet isolated the exact sequence but the main scripture
> > window
> > frequently stops updating.  If I change the verse by either typing
> > it
> > or using the chapter or verse arrows, I can see the synchronized
> > other
> > works changing but the main window does not.  Even if I click on
> > the
> > individual verses in the Bible window, I see the synchronized works
> > change after a moment but the Bible window does not.
> >
> > I also noticed that when arrowing through the verse chapters, the
> > main
> > windows displays verse 0 and shows the last verse of the previous
> > chapter.  So, for example, if I am in Ps 2:7 and click the up arrow
> > go to Psalm 1, it shows Psalm 1:0 and the last verse of Job (when
> > the
> > Bible window is not frozen!).
> >
> > Thanks - John

Hi, Gary.  I did a forced reinstallation and the verse 0 problem has
gone away but the frozen window has not.  I simplified to a single
Bible window using KJV.  I am able to reproduce it regularly by
changing the chapter by clicking on the previous or next chapter scroll
arrows (that works) and then clicking on an individual verse in the
window (I display verse numbers).  The clicked on verse does not become
active and thereafter the window is frozen.  The associated works
change and the text box for the Bible window changes but the window is
frozen.  Hopefully I can figure out a work around before our next
public study this Thursday as I usually project this screen for the
study.  Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III

Elmont Community Bible Study