[bt-devel] New passage selector proposal

Kevin Shenk mailbox at kevinshenk.com
Wed Apr 18 20:44:40 MST 2012

Patrick, as a BibleTime user, I can say I love your ideas and would be
excited to see BibleTime 2.0 totally revamped in this direction.

Here's my two cents:  Building on familiarity is a huge asset to usability
(IMHO).  You're already borrowing several concepts from the web & web
browsers, but I say keep going!  Realistically, most of us use the web more
then any other computer activity now-a-days, so unless we have a
fundamentally better design them them, it simply makes sense to mimic their
functionality.

For example, I would place the back/forward buttons to the left of the
location bar, with tabs above, just like Google Chrome.  I would also
display search results with a Google feel to it.  Maybe I'm just too much
of a Google fan =)

I would also combine all of the passage selection modules into one unified
layout, where the book, chapter, and verse could all be
changed simultaneously from one screen; computer screens have plenty of
room after all.  (Am I making sense?  Just combine the top two mockups into
one.)

God Bless!
--
Kevin

P.S.  Maybe the new programmer (rrieba1 at gmail.com) would be interested in
joining this effort?  He seems to have lots of experience and
qualifications...