[bt-devel] Next stable release

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Mon Apr 16 06:22:30 MST 2012

Hi Daniel,

this is AWESOME! I'm interested in buying this when it becomes available.

Is there an official Sword release available that includes the patch?

Only the Windows and MacOS builds of BibleTime include Sword in binary
form. We don't have influence on the packaged version of Sword in the
various distributions. :(

Best regards, mg

Am 16.04.12 14:55, schrieb Daniel Owens:
> I am preparing a module that includes the Westminster Hebrew
Morphology, the premier morphological database for the Hebrew Bible. The
Groves Center will sell it at a reasonable price. This is a GIANT step
forward for SWORD in becoming a mature tool for study of the ancient
language texts.

> By far the best offline front-end for this module is BibleTime.
However, the morphology codes are case-sensitive, and Troy has worked
out a fix in the engine (November 2011) to handle case-sensitive lexicon
keys. It works with BibleTool but not BibleTime. It would be fantastic
if the next BT release were built to handle this and packaged with a
more recent build of SWORD because otherwise you get erroneous results
in the mag window.

> I can probably get the Groves Center to allow me to pass along a
partial module if there is a developer willing to try to work on this.

> Maybe this isn't something for 2.9.2, but I hope you will work on it
soon. I at least wanted to let you know about it.