[bt-devel] Next stable release

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 15:04:01 MST 2012

On 4/15/2012 12:34 PM, Benjamin Misja wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Great to hear that you guys are preparing a new minor release.
>
> I am not a coder, so I lack the ability to check the code, but I
> couldn't see anything on the tracker or in the commit comments about
> the recurring problem that BT doesn't accept unlock codes for locked
> modules. Here's the most recent report (I think):
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3402987&group_id=954&atid=100954
>
> Blessings,
>
> Ben

I checked each of my BT installations to make sure the unlock was still
working. It worked for me everywhere but on my Windows build. I debugged
it and it looks like a sword bug. I got down to BibleTime
CSwordModuleInfo::unlockKeyIsValid. It does they following:
     m_module->setPosition(sword::TOP);
     m_module->getRawEntryBuf();
The getRawEntryBuf returns with an empty string which causes the
unlockKeyIsValid function to return false.

I tried to track down the issue in sword. The getRawEntryBuf computes
sizes, offfset, and check cache and eventually returns a "". I did not
know enough about how the sizes, offset, etc. work to determine the
exact cause.

But, my point is that I don't believe this is a BibleTime problem and I
don't think we should hold 2.9.2 because of it.

Gary