[bt-devel] feature request

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:37:05 MST 2011

Novak,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Novák Géza <gza at gza.hu> wrote:
> Shalom for everybody :)
>
> excuse me, but i 'thinking about some feature in BT:
>
> from crosswire:
> - maps
> - pictures

CrossWire does not provide any such modules. You can get them from the
Xiphos repository, and BibleTime displays them just fine. I was just
looking at the Woodcuts module a few seconds ago.

> and document import feature (eg. I have a bible-translation, or something
> what is more than personal commentary, it 'd be possible
> searching/bookmarking/commentaring in BT) ok, i've heard about  OSIS but i
> can't coding.

OSIS is not the only way to create a SWORD module. Other import
formats are permitted. You might read up about them on the CrossWire
wiki site (http://www.crosswire.org/wiki). Some of those formats are
very simple, like the "imp" format which looks something like this:
$$$Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth
$$$Genesis 1:2
And the earth was formless and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep
$$$Genesis 1:3

This imp format can be used for Bibles, Commentaries, Lexicons,
Dictionaries, General Books, etc.

BibleTime hopes, in the future, to be able to offer more methods and
formats for module import as well. These might not show up for a few
more releases, but they are in our plans.

--Greg