[bt-devel] close button on bookshelf dialog

Jaak Ristioja jaak at ristioja.ee
Mon Jun 27 00:19:59 MST 2011

Hi Martin,

In what way is it sensible to duplicate this functionality and waste a
lot of screen space? I completely disagree. Please explain why having
two close buttons is sensible usability design?

I'm willing to compromise, if the close button remains on the same
bottom row with the page-specific buttons, we remove the "Installation
source" and "Install folder:" elements and the "Start installation:"
label from the install page and the "Start removal:" label from the
remove page. Note that this breaks the user guidance scheme we have in
place on the install and remove dialogs, but has no unreasonable waste
of space and users attention is not overly divided between too many GUI
elements. Similar ideas are welcome.

I will not allow the close button just to be added on a new row, because
it is not sensible usability design.

Blessings!
Jaak

PS: I've passed a user interface design course (4 ECTS).
PPS: Afaik Gnome 3 is the only thing thats buggy. Correct me if I'm wrong.