[bt-devel] Backend Proposal

Jaak Ristioja jaak at ristioja.ee
Tue Jun 21 14:55:32 MST 2011

On 20.06.2011 21:24, Patrick Sebastian Zimmermann wrote:
> I have a pretty much finished rewrite of the config system in a branch. The
> changes include a unit testing framework (based on QTest) and are meant to
> unify config option and session handling. The code probably still has some
> bugs, but I have tested the code quite a lot and I think I got most of the
> bugs out already.

I've tried to review your changes several times, but never finished.
These are big changes and take a lot of time to review. Last time I
tried was months ago, so I don't remember any more and need to start
from scratch again. It would help a tiny bit if you could again merge
master into your branch and also my merge request.

> I am not sure whether you think this config system refactor is a good idea. But
> if you think it should go into master it really makes sense to merge before
> starting the frontend/backend refactor.

I believe you've done a serious amount of work. We should definitely
work this out before any other major refactoring efforts start. I
suspect that this won't be an easy merge, but I'm willing to study your
changes and try... when I have time...

> I am currently very short in time, but if it's not much that is needed to get
> this into the tree I can at least give it a try.

Same problem with most of us. :|

> ps. There are three smaller bugfix merge requests still hanging in the queue...

I merged one of them, and commented on the other two because they need a
bit of clarification. I don't yet fully understand the problems they fix
nor am I sure whether these fixes are indeed correct.