[bt-devel] On Linux too? (was: SWORD install path configuration problem on Windows)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sun Jan 31 16:08:02 MST 2010

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

> I just noticed that using the latest svn BibleTime doesn't find all
> modules on Kubuntu Linux. This is weird because the 2.5 package (from
> the crosswire PPA) works fine. The SWORD library isn't the problem now
> because the package and my svn compilation both use the same PPA SWORD
> package (1.6.1). Have I messed up something or is this really a bug?
> Please try! Install modules in an extra directory and add and remove
> that directory from the path list. Does it work or not? (You may need to
> restart - it's a known bug. But does it find the modules after a
> restart?)

I did some experimentation and noticed that I had installed some modules
in the bibletime bin directory. That prevented finding some other paths.
It shouldn't prevent it, of course, so there's still a bug somewhere.
But this is different from the Windows problem I told about.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland