[bt-devel] updating ui translations while building

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 24 10:27:22 MST 2009

Martin Gruner wrote:

> - "make messages" is the target which recreates all .ts files from the source
> tree, updating the catalog entries as needed. It does not create the .qm files.
> - "make" causes all .qm files to be generated, if not already present.
>
> Do you see a problem there?

Ok, call that a user misunderstanding.  Earlier you (or someone else
here on bt-devel?) gave me the three commands make handbook, make howto
and make messages as the way to regenerate these things.  Apparently,
make messages does not work in anything like the same way the other two
do, which is what led to my confusion.

Is there a make target that will rebuild *just* the *.qpm files without
also building and test installing BibleTime?

Jonathan