[bt-devel] crash upon right-click -> Strong's search

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Mar 28 02:32:43 MST 2009

> The immediate reason for the crash is a deficiency in the Search
> dialog/engine: attribute search, e.g. "strong:" crashes if the attribute is
> empty. In my opinion it's a clucene bug - it shouldn't crash under any
> circumstances.
>
> The secondary reason is that the Strong search is enabled when there's
> nothing to search for. I guess I have to change that.

Gary, can you help with this? In CBibleReadWindow::updatePopupMenu()
there's code "m_actions.findStrongs->setEnabled(
displayWidget()->getCurrentNodeInfo()[CDisplay::Lemma] != QString::null
);" and I think it doesn't work anymore after changing to WebKit/JS. The
same goes for CLexiconReadWindow, and there's code in CReadWindow using
getCurrentNodeInfo()[CDisplay::Lemma], too.

--Eeli Kaikkonen