[bt-devel] Some pictures

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 11:16:08 MST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:35 AM, Barry Drake <b.drake at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Hi Greg .......
>
> Greg Hellings wrote:
>>
>> You can fetch the .msi file from
>> http://www.utdallas.edu/~gsh062000/bibletime-installer.msi
>
> Just to let you know it installed and worked OK under my Windows XP.  So
> far, the only unreported thing I noticed was that it bombs out if I try to
> load the bookshelf manager.  But it has no problem with the currently
> installed modules that I can see up to now.  Will try some more and report.
>  Anything particular you meed me to try?

The Bookshelf manager crash is known -
http://devel.bibletime.info/wiki/Building_on_Windows#Issues has
everything that I found.  Daniel also found some more stuff that
hasn't made it up there yet.  Keeping track there is probably the best
idea for now.

When you say it works OK in Windows XP - can you see the icons?  So
far no one else has been able to see the icons in XP, and I haven't
heard of any other Vista users trying to see if them appearing is
peculiar to my dev machine or if all Vista users can see them.

Unicode testing seems to be the biggest issue that Xiphos found in its
Windows port, so thorough testing of Unicode in all areas - paths to
the executable, to the modules, in the module names, in the module
data, in the module keys, etc definitely needs testing.  Also testing
the layout of the toolbars for each module can help track down an
issue that appeared on Mac and is believed to be resolved as to its
cause, but no update has been made to the code yet to resolve it,
IIRC.

--Greg