[bt-devel] Qt Only - ToolBar problem

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 13:49:40 MST 2009

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Greg Hellings wrote:
>
>> I see the Back/Forward navigation buttons, and then a wide, empty
>> space all the way over to the vertical separator.  Next to that is a
>> double-down arrow (the sort you expect to see when there is a More...
>> selection) which, when clicked, provides me with the drop-down boxes
>> for navigating the text on a separate line directly below the
>> Back/Forward.  Selecting a key to navigate to causes the text to
>> change to the desired entry properly, but the second line with the
>> choosers then disappears again, and I have to click the double down
>> arrow again to navigate away from the new page.  All the tools are
>> there as they should be, its just that they seem to expand out and
>> require their own row in the layout, which then requires the selection
>> of the More... button to show them.  Clearly it's a "feature" of the
>> Mac-ness of it.  If my description isn't clear, I can give you a
>> screenshot when I fire the Mac up again.
>>

> It may have something to do with QMainWindow ToolbarBreak which I have
> used in the code. It just doesn't work as expected even on Linux. I'd
> like to divide the toolbars into two rows because one row is almost
> always too narrow for them all. Does Gary know anything about this?

The ToolBarBreak is used to move to the next toolbar row so that when
another toolbar is added it is on a lower row rather than to the right
of the last toolbar.

 From Greg's description it seems the problem is happening with a single
toolbar. It seems to be between the left/right history buttons and the
first navigation combobox. It seems like something on the toolbar is
expanding to much and pushing remaining items off the toolbar to the
right. I am not sure what would be doing this.

Greg, here is an experiment. If you look just to the left of the
left/right history arrows you should see  a couple of vertical bars.
These are a "handle" for the toolbar. If you put your mouse on these and
drag, the toolbar will move and float by itself. When I do this the
left/right history and the combo boxes move together and the combo boxes
are a reasonable size. I am wondering if your floating toolbar becomes
extra long? If so, can you describe it a little further.

Gary