[bt-devel] problem in bible key chooser

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 20:20:23 MST 2009

Jaak Ristioja wrote:
> Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:

>>> I see the same issue running kubuntu 9.04, but I don't see it running
>>> ubuntu 9.04. Possibly it is related to style since these are different
>>> between gnome and kde.
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>
>> Yes, it depends on style. I think I have put in some code to make the
>> widget as small as possible, but apparently it wasn't a good idea. I
>> have to remove the extra code. Then the whole toolbar will take more
>> vertical space, but it's only couple of pixels.
>>
>>   Yours,
>> 	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland
>> 	e-mail: eekaikko at mailx.studentx.oulux.fix (with no x)
>>

> I just developed a patch that will only show those arrows if the user
> has hovered over the edit box. Although this is a small change in
> functionality, this will hopefully work with most styles better than the
> current implementation. I didn't commit it yet, because we are in freeze
> (with no SVN branches, correct?) and I wanted your opinion on this
> matter. I've attached the patch for testing. Please let me know what you
> think.
>
> God Bless! :)
> Jaak Ristioja

I tried the patch on ubuntu 9.04 and kbuntu 9.04. As I move up to the
widget I have to move beyond the button location onto the verse and then
back down to the button. Sometimes the button does not immediately pop
up and I have to move the mouse again to get them up. The extra movement
needed detracts some from the feature.

Thanks for you work.

Gary Holmlund