[bt-devel] next steps

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Sun Nov 23 11:23:01 MST 2008

Hi Eeli,

from the user's point of view there is no change by our migration to QT-only.
And I believe that for the HTML component, it is a rather large task. If we
put that into the 1.7 basket, it will delay us for months even if we  have
lots of time for the work.

In my opinion, we should release 1.7 without the need to be QT-only. We can
improve the migration completeness with the following minor versions of 1.7.
"Release early, release often" is more important than releasing perfect
software. I'm not dogmatic here, though. But if you want to have a QT-only
1.7, we need to talk about a realistic timeframe which is not mid-2009. :D

Gary, what do you think about this matter?

mg