[bt-devel] Eliminate KFontChooser from Configuration Dialog

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 20:03:22 MST 2008

I have changed the Configure dialog under the Language tab. The purpose
was to remove the KDE KFontChooser and use only Qt. The part I changed
is in the dialog below the "Use Custom Font" checkbox. I have written a
new class, CFontChooser.

In writing the new class I had to render text in a web view. I initially
used QWebView to do this, however out of the numerous fonts three of
them did not render the same as KHTML in the main windows. These fonts
were "It wasn't me", Monospace, and Serif. I then put KHTML classes into
the CFontChooser which makes all the fonts preview the same as they will
be in the main windows.

I put the following  into  cfontchooser.h
#define USE_KHTML
//#define USE_QWEBKIT

This allows choosing KDE or QT for the font rendering in the
CFontChooser. This will make it easy do eliminate KDE from this class
when we eventually eliminate it in the main window. You can enable both
of these at the same time and see exactally what looks different between
them. KDE rendered text will show up above the Qt rendered text.

Gary