[bt-devel] move to subversion?

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Thu Mar 9 11:18:08 MST 2006

On Fri, March 3, 2006 5:31 pm, Daniel Glassey said:
> Hi guys,
> I see subversion (alternative to CVS, kinda an upgrade) is now
> available on sourceforge.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/docs/E09/en/

Wow!  I never expected that this would happen.  Cool!

> Do you think you will you be moving to it at some point?

Oh, please!  Please!  Let's!

Subversion is very strange when it comes to branching and tagging:  IT
ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE.  I learned svn first, and then started dabbling with
CVS.  CVS is ugly.

Other easier things: figuring out what changes you've made, logs, managing
vendor branches, externals, binary files, directory tree changes, branch
intermingling alchemy, etc.

I don't think you'll regret switching.  I'm glad sf.net now supports it.

--
               G a b r i e l   M   B e d d i n g f i e l d