[bt-devel] 1.6rc1 released -- testers wanted!

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Wed Aug 23 10:08:16 MST 2006

Hi everybody,

I just released 1.6rc1. This release includes the bibletime-i18n module, which
I invite you to test as well. Changes since beta3 are attached.

Please report all issues to our beta testing tracker. We hope to release
1.6final until Sep 5th. Not all outstanding bugs in the tracker will be fixed
until then (any help most appreciated). The docs still have to be updated.
This would also be a good point for translators to update the program
messages, they should not change much until 1.6final.

After 1.6 more minor releases will follow which include bugfixes and small new
features, such as adaptions to Sword 1.5.9, should it not be released before
1.6.

And after 1.6, work on BibleTime2 will start. More on that later...

God bless,

Martin

Changes since 1.6beta3

2006-08-21 Martin Gruner <mgruner at crosswire.org>
  * Fixed Keychooser Hotkeys to cross testament boundary

2006-08-20 Joachim Ansorg <info at bibletime.info>
  * Fixed the shrinking to zero of the left mainwindow's left part
  * Fixed crossrefs in the clucene index
  * Improved the layout of the searchdialog options
  * Modules which require a more recent Sword are not loaded

2006-08-20 Martin Gruner <mgruner at crosswire.org>
  * Added documentation for "Find text in read window"

2006-08-07 Martin Gruner <mgruner at crosswire.org>
  * verse keychooser bugfix and cleanups

2006-06-20 Martin Gruner <mgruner at crosswire.org>
  * major patch to the printing system: printing works dynamically and
  respects the display and filter settings, instead of loading the default
  settings at program startup time
  * Joachim, why does printing not work with headings and scriprefs and other
  markup elements? Besides, it always shows verse numbers, even if they are
  turned off
  * Please test printing