[bt-devel] multi user mode

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Tue Nov 8 07:04:02 MST 2005

Hi Ami,

On Tue, November 8, 2005 2:38 pm, ami said:

> our library users, can i install and run bibletime in a multi user mode ?,
> any issues with sword regarding multi user mode ?

The bibletime application is just an appliaction.  If you install it in
/usr/bin, then anyone can run it.  The multi-user part is handled by the
OS.

Now, if you're talking about sharing sword modules, that's a little
different.  I think there's a way to install modules that will be
available for everyone... you'll have to check the sword module docs.
Typically, Sword modules are stored under ~/.sword for each user.  I think
you can configure it to also check some location like /usr/share/sword for
modules.

> 2. on the bibletime app frontend there are two icons (on the toolbar) i
> was
> not able to del or change.

Which toolbar?  The KDE toolbar or the actual bibletime toolbar.  (I think
you mean the actual bibletime application toolbar.)

These icons (IIRC) are directly compiled into the program.  If you want to
change them, you will have to get the BibleTime sources, change the icons,
and then compile it yourself.  If this sounds complicate, take heart...
it's actually pretty simple to do.

Peace,
Gabriel

--
               G a b r i e l   M   B e d d i n g f i e l d