[bt-devel] Roadmap for 1.6

Sun Jul 31 18:46:30 MST 2005

On Saturday 16 July 2005 11:19 pm, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> I do have a pretty lengthy wish list.  I have been hoping to be able to
> contribute myself but have not yet found the time to do so.

As have many of us

> The biggest functional improvement I would like is a way to enter book,
> chapter and verse in one place rather than have to enter them in three
> separate combo boxes.  Perhaps we could parse the book combo box, split
> out numbers after a book abbreviation and use them as chapter and verse.
> Thus one could enter I Cor 10:13 and it would properly parse and go to
> that verse.

That I agree, I think we do need a usability overhaul, and that's a good
suggestion.

> I would like to see some indicator on a verse that there is a personal
> commentary note on it or a bookmark. I would love to see notes on books
> and chapters as well as verses.

This could be done in our project, but I think this is a feature best left for
the backend sword library so the other frontends for it would have access to
it if they liked.

> Finally, I would like to see access to the deutero-canonical books in
> the translations which have them.

This is a feature that would *have* to be in the backend sowrd library, and
there is someone working on it I think.

> I know that's quite a bit and I don't know how much I'll be able to
> contribute.  Thanks to all who have taken the time to do so - John

Anything you can contribute would be appreciated, basically all I contributed
to 1.5 was the high contrast theme, a bug fix or two, and lots of testing.