[bt-devel] Re: make fails in chtmlreaddisplay.cpp

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon Jul 4 04:13:21 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 12:02 +0200, Joachim Ansorg wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for the detailed report.
>
> > in cinfodisplay.cpp before line 47 I added:
> > namespace InfoDisplay {
> > and closed the brace at the end of the file.  It seems like the
> > namespace must be defined in both the declaration and the definition.
>
> Indeed, that's a bug. The class definition and declaration needs to be in the
> namespace.
> I fixed that for CInfoDisplay and CPrinter. I wonder how gcc 3.x compiled
> that, though :)
>
> > Before chtmlreaddisplay.cpp:303 (CInfoDisplay::ListInfoData infoList;),
> > I added the line:
> > using InfoDisplay::CInfoDisplay;
> >
> > In cpointers.cpp:28, I needed to change the signature to:
> > void CPointers::setInfoDisplay(InfoDisplay::CInfoDisplay* const
> > infoDisplay)
> > That is, I needed an explicit reference to the InfoDisplay namespace.
> >
> > Similarly, I changed bibletime_init.cpp:78 to:
> > m_infoDisplay = new InfoDisplay::CInfoDisplay(m_leftPaneSplitter);
> >
> > And bibletime.h:393 to:
> > InfoDisplay::CInfoDisplay* m_infoDisplay;
>
> I compiled with gcc 4.0 (Debian) and it worked well, even with the old code.
> Do you have a pre-release of gcc 4?
> I fixed some more of the namespace problems.  Let me know if it compiles for
> you. If it doesn't please include a full compiler output log.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Joachim
<snip>
I have gcc-4.0.0-8 from Fedora Core 4.  I don't know that I'll have time
to download CVS and recompile.  I do hope that I can contribute more in
the future.  Thanks for all you do - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation
jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com

Financially sustainable open source development
http://www.opensourcedevel.com