[bt-devel] RH9 RPM....

Steven P. Ulrick bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:21:05 -0500

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:26:32 -0500
"Steven P. Ulrick" <spu@faith4miracle.org> wrote:

> I will warn you: if you will refer to a recent thread that I started
> on the subject of dissapearing icons in BibleTime, I made the RPM's
> apparently AFTER the problem with the icons started.  The only reason
> that I thought the RPM I made was perfect, was because the icon must
> not have gotten uninstalled when I uninstalled Bibletime from source
> code, and installed the RPM.  I did learn that if you copy all the
> Bibletime icons to the appropriate directories under
> "/usr/share/icons/hicolor", then everything works flawlessly :)
>
> On the subject of the dissapearing icons, since I haven't heard
> anything about that issue in a while, I thought I'd put in my two
> cents worth: When I ran "make install" in "bibletime/bibletime/pics"
> (this was on a fresh copy from the CVS, and a Brand New full
> installation of Red Hat 9.
>  Every Package, as I always do), I got nothing but a lot of "Nothing
> be done for"'s  So my thought is, assuming the problem isn't on my
> end, that the "bug(?)" crept into the source code sometime before I
> made my RPM, and sometime after the last time the icons got installed
> in the correct location.  So when I installed the RPM, which has no
> icons in it, the icons were still there, because there was nothing in
> the RPM to overwrite them.
>
> Have a Great Day :)
> Steven P. Ulrick

Hello, Again :)
I just noticed something interesting: just using the RPM's I just made
as an example, the icons appear in the correct directory in the SRPM,
but not the RPM.  After I noticed the icons in the SRPM, I ran "rpmbuild
--rebuild" on the SRPM (which I just said has the icons in it) with the
result being an RPM without icons :(

That's all for now :)
Steven P. Ulrick