[bt-devel] gcc 3.2 support - linker issues

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:33:20 +0200

Hello everyone,

it is really nice to see that so much has been going on here in the recent 2
Months that i was away. I hope that many will actually get involved.

Just spent some time working on Sword and BibleTime. Both _compile_ now for
gcc 3.2. If sword is built without icu support, one can actually link against
it and use it. But when icu is utilized the problems start. Testlib.cpp shows
this clearly: lots of linker errors. The same thing happens when BibleTime is
supposed to be linked -- pages over pages of errors in linking against QT.
My guess is that this is due to the ABI (application binary interface) change
from gcc 3.1 to 3.2. Therefore the only thing I can do at the moment is to
wait until my distribution completely switched to gcc 3.2. Does anybody have
another idea? Is there away to get it to work?

Thanks for your consideration.

Martin