[bt-devel] 1.2.2 execute troubles

Lamar Owen bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:30:50 -0400

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 06:13 am, mark lybarger wrote:
> I'm getting closer. By setting SWORD_PATH=/var/db/sword (still don't see
> why it's not getting the setting from /etc/sword.conf), and commenting
> the below recursion call in bibletime.cpp, I can get bibletime to start
> and function.

Umm, if this is for a distribution's package, you might reconsider putting the
SWORD modules in /usr/share/sword.  The modules are typically static data
that can easily be shared amongst multiple machines via NFS, and are not
variable data like /var/db would indicate.  Of course, I'm only familiar with
Red Hat and LSB policy on that; gentoo may very well have a policy of static
sharable data being in /var.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio