[bt-devel] gentoo ebuild scripts

Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:23:06 -0400

On Thursday 10 October 2002 01:22 pm, mark lybarger wrote:
> David's Mailing List and Spam Reciever wrote:
> could you please explain this a little further.  the current ebuild
> scripts are doing a "standard" configure.  what are the value of using
> the ICU and perl flags?

Well enabling ICU (which I would control with the unicode USE flag) allows for
greater unicode support in sword for things like transliteration and such.

Perl is just for a set of perl bindings that allow a perl script writer to
access sword modules and things. Basically it's just a perl module. You might
could make a separate ebuild for it following the model in some of the
ebuilds in dev-perl

> debug seems to be disabled by default, no?

All I know is that --disable-debug is what the sword developers have been
telling people to use to resolve compiling issues with gcc3.2.

> it sounds like bt 1.2.2 will not be based off the current cvs?  is there
> a cvs branch i could checkout to try this version?  or a tgz maybe? i
> would rather use a "official" version than a cvs snapshot.  the problem
> on my system was that sword 1.5.4 wouldn't build bibletime current cvs.
>   my system can build sword 1.5.4, so if there's a bt that will build
> with 1.5.4 and gcc 3.2, i'm all for that. please let me know where i can
> get the sources :).

bt1.2.2 is bt1.2.1 only gcc3.2 friendly. It's in cvs under it's own branch.
Bibletime 1.3pre (the HEAD branch) is made with sword-cvs in mind. Sword
1.5.5 or whatever they call the next big release will have new namespace
thingy's that bt1.3 will be taking advantage of.