[bt-devel] CVS build problems

Gary Sims bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:24:00 +0000

Hi,

I know before we start that this is something stupid that I have done!!!

I have just setup cvs (for the first time) and checkout the sources. I
now have a folder with the following folders:

bibletime
bibletime-common
bibletime-doc
bibletime-i18n-cs
bibletime-i18n-skel
bibletime-website
CVS
CVSROOT

The contents of the bibletime directory is:

acinclude.m4          configure        Makefile.cvs
aclocal.m4            configure.files  NEWS.in
bibletime             configure.in     packaging-howto.txt
bibletime-api         configure.in.in  pot
bibletime.desktop.in  COPYING          preparetips
bibletime.kdevprj     CVS              README.in
bibletime.lsm.in      debian           setupwizard
bibletime.m4          docs             setupwizard.kdevprj
bibletime.spec.in     INSTALL.in       subdirs
ChangeLog             Makefile.am      sword.m4

In the bibletime directory I do:

$ make -f Makefile.cvs

This is what I get:

If this is the BibleTime package itself: please recheckout this package,
because the admin/ directory is missing. It is necessary to create the
Makefiles.

If this is another package, like the bibletime-i18n-xx packages, you
need to place it in the same directory as the bibletime package itself,
to make sure that I can (automatically) link to the admin/ dir of this
package.
make: *** [all] Error 1

When I look at the CVS (using the web interface) there is only one admin
directory and that is in the bibletime folder and it is empty. From a
quick look at the Makefile.cvs it seems to be looking for an admin
directory at the same level as the bibletime directory, but I don't see
this with in CVS.

If I copy the admin directory from the bibletime-1.3beta1 tar ball into
a directory at the same level as bibletime then I can run Makefile.cvs,
and ./configure and build the executable.

So what have I done wrong with CVS?

Gary
--
Gary Sims