[bt-devel] BibleTime 1.3beta1 testing

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:28:55 +0100

Hi Gary,

> I haven't sent to the list before, I have been listening in the
> backgroud... I downloaded and built the source for 1.3beta1 and here
> are my initial observations:

Welcome to the list and the project!

> When starting bibletime I get the following warnings from the console:
[...]
> I didn't get these warnings with 1.2.2 which I also have built from the
> source. I am running KDE 3.0.0-10 on a vanilla RedHat 7.3.

Never mind. We use the warnings for debugging. They will be disabled before
the final release.

> I also once got a 'tip of the day' of:
>
> "This is BibleTime 1.1!
> This version of BibleTime should have reached the state where it could
> be called stable, useful and user friendly!"

Yeah. We'll need to review those.

> Finally I have several years coding experience (before moving to
> Romania) and I would be happy to help with the coding, but I am still
> learning about KDE programming so it would need something little to
> start!!!

That's great! We are really looking for people who are serious about
contributing. Not sure what you can do right now, since we are already quite
close to a release. Would you like to translate BibleTime into Romanian? That
would be pretty cool. Let me know and I will set up everything that you need.

Apart from that, you can look at our sourceforge project site and look for
open bugs / tasks that you could do.

Most important, perform an intense testing on beta2 and report all bugs to the
tracker. And, if you can, solve them. ;)

We are glad to have you on the project!

Martin