[bt-devel] Icons! Icons! Get 'em while there Hot!

Timothy R. Butler bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:47:40 -0600

Hello Joachim,
> thank you for your pretty icons. I like them very much.

  I'm glad I could help in some way.

> As you already noticed, the small icons are hard to recognize. Maybe
> reducing the number of colors, adding a black outline and simplifying the
> content helps?
> The cross is hard to see in 22x22 and 16x16, does anybody know an
> improvement?

  I'm thinking it may need to be thicker, and less shaded.

> I'm wondering if we should replace the BibleTime Application icon with on
> of the icons. Maybe the bible icon with the cross centered on the book? It
> would be cool if all icons look the same and our old app icon isn't very
> good.

  I'd be happy to work up a BibleTime Application icon if you would like.
Would you like a clock incorporated in it like the Splash Screen?

> I'm sorry to give you more work, but is it possible that you create the

  np.

> icon for the "options choosing popup", which is used in the display windows
> (the popup menu of the icon shows the available options of the modules,
> e.g. strongs, footnotes, headings). The icon is the same for all display
> windows. For more information about this icon read the "Required icons"
> mail I wrote some time ago.

  There's an icon included that has a little screw driver and wrench, along
with color swatches on a book I thought perhaps might be good for an
options/configuration dialog box (meant for the item mentioned in "Required
icons"). Would you prefer something a bit more focused on a particular
configuration item?

> And I forgot to mention, that we could need icons for the "tile", "auto
> tile", "cascade" and "auto cascade actions". But this is my fautt, if you
> don't have the time don't make them. But we'd be glad for this.

  I'll see what I can do. When is 1.1-final going to be coming out?

> I think the icons are good enough to release 1.1beta2! We need te final
> icons until 1.1, so you have more time for them.

  Great! :-)

> Please don't think I dislike the icons. I would have needed years to finish
> one of them in a worse design :)

  No, that's fine, it's good to know where I need to work from. :-)

  -Tim

- --
Timothy R. Butler                    tbutler@uninetsolutions.com
Universal  Networks                       http://www.uninet.info