[bt-devel] I believe I found a bug...

Chris Kujawa bt-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 15 May 2001 13:31:00 -0400

I've been going through the manual today, comparing what it says to how BT
actually functions, and I have stumbled upon several apparent bugs.

First, when I go into the options dialogue and set fonts, colors, etc. then
click on "apply," nothing happens.  I must click "close" for the new settings
to actually take effect.

The next one that I "bug" that I found is that when I right click on doc
names in the main index, the "New Presenter" menu item is not displayed.

Third (and I am not sure if this one should go to Sword or not, please let me
know), when I write notes in the personal commentary, I can save them (I have
verified that they are there through the command line), but when I leave edit
mode, the comments will no longer come up.  When I go to edit comments from
the same verse again, a new file is created rather than editing the old one.

The fourth thing that I discovered is that when I select a module, right
click on it and then search, it works fine.  If I then go back and attempt to
do a second search, I am promptly rewarded with a SIGSEGV.  I have repeated
this seeveral times, and have backtraces from each attempt, if anyone is
interested.  I have also noticed that I can reproduce the same behavior by
using the search button on the toolbar in a similar fashion.

I am already looking into the options dialogue issue, and will start on the
search function next, unless someone else does first.   Also, if no one else
is able to reproduce this, please let me know.  My system config is pretty
far from the out-of-the-box RH7.0, since I am forever removing, re-adding,
and re-configuring packages to suit my needs/taste.  Shouldn't be an issue,
but just in case.  Also, if I should standardize my system to another
package, please let me know and I'll do it this weekend.

Thanks!

Chris