[bt-devel] Sorceforge Documentation

Fred Saalbach bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 05 May 2001 08:04:04 -0400

Martin Gruner wrote:

> > I just tried out the sourceforge method of documentation and control.
> > It looks useful, however it only supports html text.  If we post stuff
> > that we do in docbook, only the text portion will show.
> >
> > It would be approperate to build the installation instructions from
> > these html pages for BT post 1.0, but I think that I would want to
> > convert them to DocBook.
>
> This would only be necessary if we were to include them into the handbook,
> which is not necessary imo.
> But if you insist on it we could do it the other way round. We could make the
> changes in the docbook files and paste the resulting htmls into this doc page
> on sourceforge from time to time. May be sensible.

I don't insist.  This is more an issue about the best way to present stuff to
translators.  Do any of the translators monitor this mail list? they should make
input on this issue.

> BTW: is there a html command to include another html document at some point
> in the body of the text?

I don't think so, but with a <A
HREF="http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/bibletime/bibletime/bibletime/docs/en/HTML/hdbk_idx.html?rev=1.3&content-type=text/html">
sort of thing you can jump to the CVS.  The path is very long and might not
work.  I will make up another test sheet and post it on the front page to see
what it does.

--
Best Regards
Fred Saalbach