[bt-devel] Discussion: New features for 1.1 and release plan

Brook Humphrey bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:56:28 -0700

On Monday 25 June 2001 12:19 pm, you wrote:
> Hi!
> We need a little discussion about the features which should be
> implemented in 1.1.
>
> I'd suggest this:
>
> BibleTime 1.1
> ------------------
> BibleTime 1.1 should not take so long in development. That's why we
> only integrate one new feature. The other things are smaller
> improvments. 1.1 should be based on Unicode and not on module
> specific fonts. If more than one developer are working at the same
> time it should be finished fast. -New features:
> 	------------------
> 		o New module installation dialog: This was already discussed on
> this list. Should be very easy to use, powerful and fast. It should
> support automatic download, unpacking and installation. The manager
> should also check for common problems like access rights etc. This
> task is a little more difficult.

As a side not on the module instelation. It should be able to:

1) check for updated versions of the modules. Module revision is
already kept in the conf file so this shouldn't be to hard. The reason
for this is that chris updates and fixes modules often.

2) Maybe while checking for write permissions it could ask for root
password or install into the users home directory.

The rest sounds good to me.

--

-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-
                                Brook Humphrey

     http://www.webmedic.net, bah@webmedic.net, bah@linux-mandrake.com

-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-~`'~-
  My posting or sending this is NOT an invitation for spammers to say
that
                  I've asked to be put on a mailing list.
           You are not permitted to send unsolicited bulk email
                     (commonly referred to as spam)
        to this address, or to sell this address to people who do.
                By extracting the address from this page,
      you agree to pay a fee of $10,000.00 per UBE message you send
           and $100,000.00 per instance you sold this address.

                          Holliness unto the Lord
                  He must increase but I must decrease.